For nearly 100 years, IMA has been a champion of—and resource for—management accounting and financial professionals. Our story is one of steady transformation yet unwavering commitment: As we’ve progressed through each decade, we’ve never lost our mission-led purpose to uphold the profession.
The organization was founded in Buffalo, N.Y., in 1919 as the National Association of Cost Accountants (NACA) to promote knowledge and professionalism among cost accountants and foster a wider understanding of their role in management.
In 1957, our name was changed to the National Association of Accountants (NAA), beginning an era in which we would later develop our hallmark credential, the CMA®.
In 1991, the organization’s name was again changed to the Institute of Management Accountants (IMA), signifying our broader role as the association for accountants and financial professionals working inside organizations.
Today we are known by the shorthand—IMA—and continue the legacy of professional excellence begun nearly a century ago.
To be the leading resource for developing, certifying, connecting, and supporting the world’s best accountants and financial professionals in business. To achieve this, we endeavor to:
● Provide best-in-class certification—the CMA—for critical internal financial management responsibilities, including planning, budgeting, business reporting, decision analysis, and risk management
● Support members’ career development through access to an active professional community, continuing education, valuable information, and resources
● Support members and their organizations in driving business performance by promoting the highest ethical standards for internal financial management practices
Building successful careers and organizations requires the ability to rise above shifting business landscapes. At IMA, we are pleased to support the journey.
IMA’s mission is to provide a forum for research, practice development, education, knowledge sharing, and advocacy of the highest ethical and best business practices in management accounting and finance.
We do this by:
● Offering our prestigious credential—the CMA®—with a proven return on investment
● Building a professional network that provides career resources and contacts to last a lifetime
● Creating CPE-eligible education programs that improve industry knowledge and leadership potential
● Giving voice to the profession with insightful and timely journals and newsletters
● Serving as a thought leader in cutting-edge research and industry best practices
● Advocating for the profession in a challenging regulatory environment
To carry out this mission, we align our organization along with these five Global Core Values:
● Respect for the Individual
● Passion for Serving Members
● Highest Standards of Integrity and Trust
● Innovation and Continuous Improvement
● Teaming to Achieve
Fundamental to our core values, IMA is committed to creating and nurturing a diverse and inclusive member community, accounting and finance profession, organizational workplace, and partner network and to fostering mutual respect between individuals.
IMA embraces a culture of open-mindedness and encourages multiple perspectives to enhance our collaborative solutions, drive innovation, and create and deliver value in all that we do.